Corporate Responsibility PolicyThe way we do business is led by a set of policies that reflect our beliefs and apply to all employees and those working with ESC Global Security. The principles set out in our corporate social responsibility policies provide a common approach to our work and provide practical guidance for managers and employees. By committing to sustainability, social and environmental stewardship, human rights, health and safety, we seek to benefit our clients and strengthen the communities we operate in and work with. Corporate Responsibility policy is applicable to all ESC Global Security employees and subsidiaries.
Corporate Responsibility Policy StatementWe have a firm commitment to support the communities in which we live and work and we see this as critical to our long-term success. We recognize that sustainable growth comes from operating with absolute integrity and in a way that respects our shareholders, clients, employees, communities and the environment.
SustainabilityWe aim to minimise the usage of natural resources, and thereby supporting long-term ecological balance:
- ESC has an almost paper free office as part of our drive to reduce waste and lessen any environmental impact
Corporate social responsibility
- Together with the Estonian police, fire and rescue departments, as well as other national law enforcement authorities, ESC Global Security has developed a summer campaign to enable less fortunate children in our community to engage in specialist activities in an environment that nurtures, protects and engages young minds and bodies
- We provide employment and training for ex-military personnel to help them successfully return to the labour market
- We are happy to report that 70% of ESC’s head office staff is women. Further, 3 major departments out of 4 are managed by the women.
- ESC takes great pride in it’s multinational work-force, which contains more than 18 different nationalities
CharityESC Global Security believes in supporting local charitable bodies and each year we support those particularly associated with children.
- We have donated to Carolin Illenzeer fund, which is an organisation supporting the children of the members of the Estonian Defence Forces who have been killed or severely injured in the line of duty.
- In 2015 we made a conscious decision not to distribute gifts but to make a donation to the Estonian Association of the Parents of Children with Cancer (EAPCC) charity to bring relief and joy to those families going through difficult times.
- ESC Global Security works only with those subcontractors, who follow international and local human rights regulations and have similar commitments to them as we do
- ESC Global Security does not discriminate in relation to employees, their beliefs, values or personal views and we offer same terms and conditions to all our employees. We will work towards achieving a diverse workforce with the recruitment, employment and promotion of employees only on the basis of objective criteria and the qualifications and abilities needed for the roles to be performed.
- For more information, please see our human rights policy
Health and safetyOur employees are our most valuable assets and their health and safety is our top priority.
ESC Global Security believes that safety underpins all our operations.
We will continually monitor the health and safety performance of these operations which will be subjected to periodic safety audits to assess performance and the overall strength of our policies.
- All employees are encouraged to take a keen interest in fitness as part of their ability to fulfill their roles and company provides challenges and competitions as part of this drive for physical health and wellbeing.
- All employees have access to online medical consultancy service on a 24/7 basis and ESC Global Security has an online medical consultancy service contract with the North Estonia Medical Centre covering all employees. This service covers also psychological health support.